I am retired...
Time to make your money work for you

Useful areas

Staying independent

We have expanded our range of information in this section of The Pension Service website. If you have any comments about this section, please let us know.

It's our aim to help you stay independent.

The Money & tax section tells you about state pensions and other Government help that you might be able to get like:

You can also find out about living overseas and other help, such as:

  • Council Tax Benefit and Housing Benefit
  • Budgeting Loans
  • Crisis Loans and
  • Community Care Grants

At home in Scotland or at home in England or Wales tells you about:

  • home safety and security
  • keeping your home warm and
  • home improvements

Find out more about UK online centres and learndirect in our learning section.

In the legal services crime & security section, you can find out about:

  • getting legal advice and information
  • neighbourhood watch and
  • victim support

Find out about cheaper bus fares and driving licences in our Travel & leisure section.

Find out about how to get get involved in voluntary work and about New Deal and Jobcentre Plus in our Voluntary & paid work section.

If you have lost a loved one, you can find out about:

  • making a will
  • inheritance tax
  • Funeral Payment and
  • Bereavement Payment

Follow the links on the left hand side of the page to find out more.

If you live in Scotland, you can also find more information for older people on the Scottish Executive website.

Did you know...?

People over 75 can apply for a free TV Licence?

See our Travel & leisure section for more information.

Work-related injuries

If you have been disabled by an accident at work, or have a disease or deafness caused by a job you have done, you may be able to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

Find out more about Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit on the Jobcentre Plus website.