Who we are
The Government has set up The Pension Service, which is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. It has been set up to improve the service you receive, whether you are already a pensioner or are planning for your retirement, no matter how far off it might be.
The Pension Service has a network of pension centres supported by a local service. To find out how to contact The Pension Service in your area, go to Contact us.
What we do
The Pension Service will:
- work out the amount of State Pension and Pension Credit that you are entitled to
- provide a face to face service in a place that is convenient for you or in the comfort of your own home if your business cannot be dealt with over the telephone
- pay your entitlements to you and answer questions over the phone and by post and by email
- tell you how you can access other pension-related entitlements and services
- work in partnership with other local organisations to deliver pension-related services.